1515 Myers Point Road, Prescott, Ontario
RE/MAX Hallmark Realty Group, Brokerage - Prescott
** This property will be posted on the public market in the spring of 2019.
*** However in the meantime,do inquire of particulars if interested.
* Such a rare opportunity to experience the beauty and wonder of the majestic St. Lawrence River! This is a year-round residence sitting on the western side of Myers Point â€“ a point of land extending into the clear blue waters of the river and accommodating approximately 25 residences and 25 elated homeowners! Bask in the sunshine on the extensive 30â€™ x 14â€™ deck, witness national and international cargo carriers plying the St. Lawrence Seaway, view all types of public and private vessels as they begin their westward journey through the 1000 Islands, and finally kickback with your favourite beverage, the privacy of your own retreat, and simply marvel at the spectacular daily sunsets. Oh yes, not to be outdone, the eastward face of this residence invites you to sit on its picturesque verandah with your morning coffee to welcome each sunny morning! Unique to only a few residences, including this one, is the presence of two adjacent lots, directly opposite each other, separated by the private Myers Point cul-de-sac, service road. This residence is also augmented by a single detached garage, with attached garden shed. A set of metal stairs leads down the shoreline slope to the waterfront and beach area. A once popular dock is now somewhat beached, and in need of repair or replacement, however does elicit great memories and exhibits endless potential for a new homeowner. In addition to the natural beauty of the crystal blue water, the river provides an abundance of other amenities for all ages â€“ whether one â€˜dips toesâ€™, swims, fishes, water skis, kayaks, sails, or boats, itâ€™s all here! Perhaps one paints, photographs, composes music or writes stories . . . the setting is certainly stimulating!! And itâ€™s definitely ideal for wondering and dreaming!!! Once a smaller dwelling, perhaps seasonal, this building has now been expanded, upgraded and transformed into a comfortable, permanent residence. Significant upgrades have been undertaken by the current seller, - a happy homeowner here since 2002.
A list of the more significant upgrades is available from me. However, a general summary of the current interior arrangement would indicate a newer, spacious, open kitchen-dining area with oaken cabinetry; would reveal a large living room highlighted by a free-standing, propane fireplace stove; would show a long, fully-windowed sitting room overlooking the deck and focusing upon the many vistas of the St. Lawrence. The original two bedrooms have been captured to create a bedroom, walk-in closet, and dressing areas; however this configuration could easily be converted back to two defined bedrooms. An updated bathroom and separate laundry room complete the main level footprint. The property is served by a septic tank and weeping bed system, with the distribution bed being located on the second lot across the service road. There is also a private drilled water well serving this particular property.
WORTHY OF NOTE: This offering is a for sale agreement with the homeowner for the purchase of the dwelling and its outbuildings only. The lease of the land upon which the buildings sit is a distinctly different arrangement between the homeowner and the landowner. Therefore, to be clear this offering is for the purchase of the buildings and chattels solely, not for any parcel of land. A party who is interested in purchasing the dwelling should also communicate directly with the landowner to verify lease details. In short, the landowner has confirmed the following lease arrangements associated with this particular listing. No â€˜written leaseâ€™ is available to sign. A lease commitment is made verbally between the landowner and prospective new homeowner. The lease fee for the lot upon which the residence is situated is $1400.00 per year. This fee remains fixed for a three year cycle, at which time it would be increased by $100.00 per year for a succeeding three year cycle. The use of the accompanying second lot directly across the road amounts to $120.00 per year. Thus, for a purchase of this dwelling in 2018 from the homeowner, one would pay to the homeowner the agreed upon purchase price. And being distinctly different, the â€˜new homeownerâ€™ would commence a land lease with the landowner, the fee as indicated for the two lots, would total $1520.00 for the upcoming year. In addition, the landowner calculates a municipal land tax for each land lease, which is ultimately paid by the landowner to the local municipality. For tax year 2017 that tax levy totalled $770.00 for this property, payable in two installments. The local homeowners also have organized an informal homeowner association whereby an annual amount of approximately $60.00 is collected and managed to reimburse contractors for snow removal, or gravel road maintenance. Questions arise as to why a more formalized â€˜written land leaseâ€™ does not exist.This is a discussion one would undertake with the current landowner. A sense of trust and mutual respect has developed over the years, and indeed centuries, as this Myers family has owned, continues to own, and maintains a commitment to own, this Myers point of land for the enjoyment of homeowners. Do keep in mind that the absence of a â€˜written leaseâ€™ does present a dilemma for one who wishes to access financing through conventional mortgage means. Rather, one would need to call upon personal funding avenues, or source alternative means of loan financing for the purchase. Nevertheless, the shoreline presence of the St. Lawrence River presents a tremendously appealing opportunity, and this method of accessing the ability â€˜to live on the riverâ€™ provides an affordable approach to fulfilling one of oneâ€™s lifelong wishes. Call or text me for a personal, private viewing. Jerry at 613-349-5307
- Property Type:Residential
- Sewage Type:Septic
- Water Type:Drilled Well
- Taxes:$770 (2017)
- Waterfront:St. Lawrence River
- Structure Type:Single Family
- Structure Style:1 Storey
- Heating Type:Propane Stove
- Exterior Type:Vinyl Siding, Wood/Clapboard
RE/MAX Hallmark Realty Group, Brokerage - Prescott